Bansi S. Mehta & Co., a firm of Chartered Accountants was founded in 1958, by the esteemed Mr Bansidhar S. Mehta. With over six decades of experience, the firm operates at high levels of quality to deliver efficient, innovative and 360-degree solutions in a timely manner. Keeping the interests of the client is at the heart of
everything the firm does. The firm provides a diverse range of services with specialisation in Direct and Indirect Taxation, International Taxation, Transfer Pricing, Mergers and Acquisitions, Valuation, FEMA, Accounting, Audit and Assurance and Corporate Advisory.
The name ‘Bansi S. Mehta & Co.’ is synonymous with “integrity”. The firm enjoys a reputation of ensuring uncompromised ethical standards in the services rendered at all levels and for all stakeholders involved. The firm’s adherence to the Code of Ethics has allowed them to be advantageously positioned in the industry and to set a high standard for the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. Under Mr Mehta’s stewardship, the firm has grown in size and strength. Today, they have 12 partners working across Mumbai, Delhi and Surat, leading a team of over 120 professionals. The firm has an optimum mix of experienced and young partners, employees and interns which allows them to bring the wisdom of experience and the vigour of youth to every assignment handled.
Over the years, the firm has transcended geographical boundaries and now serves countless clients across the globe. Overview of the Suite of Services rendered by the firm:
• Direct and Indirect Taxation: Advisory; Litigation; Health Check-ups and Compliance Services.
• International Tax: Advisory on cross border transactions, POEM evaluation, Equalisation Levy, Significant Economic Presence in India, MLI and BEPS impact; Litigation and Compliance Services
• Transfer Pricing: Transfer pricing audits along with ex-ante studies and benchmarking of transactions and Litigation
• Transaction Support — Advisory and Valuation: Support in mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, hive-off of business vertical, expansion of business, exploring synergies, etc.
• Audit and Assurance: Comprehensive audit and assurance services including handling of statutory audits, internal audits, tax audits and other special audits; Certifications under Income Tax Act, FEMA, Banking and
• Other Services: Family Settlements, Succession Planning, FEMA Advisory, IndAS implementation, Accounting Advisory, etc.
In over 64 years of experience, the firm has witnessed several sectors emerge globally and have provided support functions to businesses based on their evolving needs and models. The firm caters to a wide range of large companies across sectors including FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Manufacturing, Media, Aviation, Education, Conglomerates, Start-ups, etc. The firm envisions to make a mark on the global professional landscape as an effective and innovative service provider with highest level of integrity, serving clients with care and diligence, and with due cognisance of our responsibility towards all stakeholders. To conclude with Mr Mehta’s words “The attitude of a professional mind is to accept a challenge and approach the allotted task with reverence and dedication”. He firmly believes that one’s attitude is instrumental in determining one’s success.